Tools for Communication
ALL work order forms and tools for communication are now located on my.newpaltz.edu
For all mail-related inquiries, please call (845) 257-3122
Office of Communication & Marketing
Phone: (845) 257-3245
Fax: (845) 257-3345
Haggerty Administration Building 411
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561-2443
(Marketing, Media Relations, Digital Media)
Design, Print & Mail Services
(845) 257–3997 Fax
Print and Mail Services
(845) 257–3997 Fax
Other Campus PR Contacts:
Sports Information Director, Athletics
Phone: (845) 257-3927
Art Services Assist
Phone: (845) 257-3858
- General news and event releases [how to | view releases]
- Design Services
- Campus Digital Signage
- Emergency communication (cancellation and delays)
- Experts Database
- Media Relations
- Mail Services
- my.newpaltz.edu, in collaboration with Computer Services
- Print Services
- RSS Feeds
- Web Management: The college's main Web site, www.newpaltz.edu, and departmental sites
- The Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art media relations and publicity
- New Paltz Connect Monthly E-Newsletter
- The New Paltz Magazine
To read our comprehensive guidelines, visit the New Paltz Style Guide.
All of us in Communication & Marketing look forward to working with you. Please feel free to stop by our office located in Haggerty Administration Building, Room 411 or call us at (845) 257-3245 if you have any questions.
The State University of New York at New Paltz maintains an official events calendar. Its primary purpose is to centralize all information related to events sponsored by the college, its departments, programs, and affiliated groups.
Public forms are available for both students and faculty and staff to publicize event information on the website. The forms are regularly reviewed and approved by the Office of Communication and Marketing.
All submissions are approved after they have met the following conditions:
- Must be an on-campus or campus-organized event
- Each event must have a valid faculty/staff contact or Student Association-approved group contact
- Submissions must be accurate, free of spelling errors and profanity
- The Office of Communication and Marketing reserves the right to reject submissions at any time
Delivery of Events Information
After an event is approved, it will appear immediately on the online events calendar and the events RSS feed.
- College’s Home Page – Weekly listings of events will be highlighted on the home page as space permits. The Events Calendar listing page will be linked on the home page, and will contain all approved events.
- Press Release – If an event is labeled “public” by the submitter, and the event is approved, it will be included on a weekly release to local media outlets. Though the college does not control what event items are “picked up” by the media, this practice greatly increases the likelihood an event will be included on community calendars and events listings locally.
Please note: News agencies often require two - three weeks advance notice of an event to be considered for publication.
Edits or Corrections to Events
Please send any request for any corrections or additions to an existing event to firstname.lastname@example.org. The changes will be made in the order they are received.