The Academic Advising Center is here to help transfer students make a smooth transition to New Paltz. We are your first stop for questions and referrals to campus resources and commuter student needs. We can help you find out who to see, where to go, and what to ask.
Stop by to see an advisor or call to make an appointment: Old Main Building, room 127, or 845-257-3015.
Academic Advisors Are Here To Help You With:
- New Transfer Student Orientation and Registration
- Course selection and Drop/Add
- Transferring credit and course equivalencies
- S/U grading option and course withdrawal
- Understanding your Progress Report
- College-wide degree requirements
- General Education requirements and waivers
- Petitioning to have transfer courses count for General Education
- Major and minor choice counseling/major acceptance criteria
- Summer and intersession off-campus course approval
- Study Abroad course approval
- Leave of Absence or Withdrawal from college
- Graduation audit